Over the last week I’ve been revisiting the story/setting, the high-level development timeline, and the marketing plan. Today, the plan is still to go via Itch, then Kickstarter, then Steam/Epic. I think it might be a good idea to get an early copy on Itch ASAP so I can start collecting feedback and ideas, and then gradually publish new features every 4-6 weeks.

(And a quick reminder that if you’re on Patreon, you can download a playable pre-alpha of the game today!)

In the meantime, work on the user interface bits and pieces continues:

Styling and logic for checkboxes and radios
Dropdowns were a challenge, but they work well

I also spent three days focusing on the performance of the user interface rendering. I saw a related title release on Steam that uses my engine (libgdx) and a lot of the reviews were talking about the “janky UI”, so it’s important I get this right. I’m pretty happy with the results so far – laying out and rendering a complex screen has gone from 60ms per frame, to 23ms, and I’ve got more ideas for squeezing that down further.